Did you know that you can bring your dog for a stay in Daylesford and Hepburn Springs?
Yes! We have over 25 dog friendly properties to choose from, so you can share your next adventure with your furry best friend.
Easter holidays are almost here, which means two things… chocolate and children! Take a peek below for our favourite places to indulge your sweet tooth and activities to keep the kids entertained. And don’t miss the exclusive V.I.P Partner offer below for the grown-ups from our friends at Daylesford Cider Co.
Daylesford is beautiful in autumn as the leaves drop, the nights are cooler the days are mild and sunny, so what are you waiting for?
Bring your furry best friend!
Don’t fret, pet!
We have a huge range of properties in Daylesford and the local area that welcome dogs to stay with you! You can search them all right here.
Here’s few of our favourites:
Retreat 34A – This spectacular 3 bedroom home has dining and living split over two levels. 3 bedrooms | Sleeps 6 | Dog friendly with secure yard
Churchills – This iconic property takes in some of the most outstanding views of Daylesford. 3 bedrooms | Sleeps 7 | Dog friendly (yard is not secure)
Albert Cottage – Beautifully renovated and just 100 metres to the main street of Daylesford. 3 bedrooms | Sleeps 6 | Dog friendly with secure yard
Where can I visit with my dog while I’m in Daylesford?
Here’s a selection of our pup-friendly favourites in and around Daylesford:
- Larder Café at 57A Vincent St, Daylesford, welcomes dogs in their courtyard.
- Pancho Coffee at 117 Vincent Street, Daylesford also have a great dog friendly courtyard.
- Daylesford Cider Company at 155 Daily Flat Road, Musk, have dog friendly tables to book in the outside/garden area, and you can also get a V.I.P Partner discount on their cider tasting paddle as a guest of Daylesford Country Retreats.
- The walks at Lake Daylesford and Wombat Hill Gardens are dog friendly and you can then stop in for a coffee or meal at Wombat Hill House, where your pooch is most welcome in the dog friendly garden seating area.
- Recently re-opened Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm at 350 Hepburn-Newstead Rd, Hepburn Springs, welcomes you to explore the gardens l with dogs on a leash and enjoy a delicious meal together.
- Further afield, take your pooch on a visit to Animus Distillery at 1/89A Piper Street Kyneton, where dogs are welcome in the partly covered outdoor area and you can also get a V.I.P Partner welcome cocktail as a guest of Daylesford Country Retreats.
Treat yourself with chocolate and keep the kids busy!
If you are looking for some Easter treats here are two local chocolate spots: 🍫 Sweet Decadence in Vincent Street has a premium range of handmade truffles and Easter treats.
☕ The Chocolate Mill at Mt Franklin is just 10 mins away, with lots of chocolate goodies and a hot chocolate café!
🐎 For a memorable countryside experience, book a horse trail ride with Hepburn Lagoon Trail Rides. From beginners to experienced, they match the horse to the rider. Book direct on 0408 059 125.
Or plan a full day’s entertainment with hands-on experiences for the whole family at Sovereign Hill, just a 40 minute drive away in Ballarat. Sovereign Hill brings to life the colour and excitement of Australia’s 1850s goldfields
The perfect kid and pet friendly venue (with organic cider)! 🍏
🍎 Plus, over the Easter School Holidays, Daylesford Cider will be opening their kitchen mid-week, in addition to their regular Friday to Monday lunch time. With delicious wood fired pizza and platters, they are also family and dog friendly! Make sure you make your lunch reservation in advance on their website.